5 WEEK BOARD AND TRAIN
The Academy of Canine Behavior has offered a month long Board and Train program since the beginning of our existence. Through those years the program has endured many changes making it the most progressive and successful programs available. What you can expect from our extensive board and train program is...
NOTE: Dogs who have bitten or have severe aggression to animals, must do the Intensive 5 Week Program which is set up just like the 5 weeks but your dog will be trained by our Senior Behaviorists.
• Play romps in our classroom or outside around the grounds. This will happen at least 3 times a week.
• Socialization/Manners Each dog will be placed in a different area on a leash and will get work on having manners throughout the day and/or learning to cope with the new environment.
• The chance for your dog to meet our pack of dogs, whom are owned by the training staff. Will include what games they indulge in, who took to playing with them and who didn’t. Good information for people that aren’t sure how their dogs are with other dogs or just good fun for your dog. (Dogs here for Dog Aggression may not be able to partake in this activity.)
We feel these changes are necessary for improving the trainer/dog relationship, and also improving the trainers overall knowledge of your dogs physical and mental state. In addition to these changes, the program will include the following:
• Dogs will understand concept of all commands on Word List. Also that they can perform these commands on leash with owner.
• At least 3 visits for you and your family to learn the concepts and training that your dog has learned here during the program. To finish the program, we require one follow up visit where the owner brings the dog back in to discuss training issues.
• Unlimited follow up visits for the life of your dog. Once you leave we don’t just stop helping you as we know dogs go through many changes in their life. Follow up visits are the equivalent of a private lesson, one on one with a trainer.
• Assigned Primary Care trainer to watch over your dog’s physical and emotional well being during your dog's stay here
• Outings to either the store or park while here. Helping to generalize that not only does the training apply here on our property, but everywhere the dogs go.
• All dogs will work with multiple trainers while here to continue to understand the concept of generalizing and that they listen to anybody, not just their Primary Care trainer.
An effective program with a documented 99.5% success ratio!
Does your dog...
For many owners, it is the most practical way for a dog to receive the training it needs - especially if:
This is our most effective program. With this service, your dog stays with us at our facility. We make an initial assessment and develop a tailored training program for your dog. Your dog is trained in all types of practical situations, inside and outside. The dog is worked around people, other dogs and in many different environments.
Regular visits are scheduled for you and your family to come in and learn to work under our supervision. These guided training sessions give you an opportunity to learn more about canine behavior. We teach you the same methods we use in training your dog. Working with you ensures that the new, positive behavior, will transfer to your environment. The 5 week program includes unlimited follow-up private lessons for the life of the dog.
INTENSIVE 5 WEEK BOARD AND TRAIN:
The Intensive program is for dogs who require the expertise of our Senior Behaviorists in order to be the most successful. Just like the 5 week program, your dog stays here for 5 weeks with you visiting atleast once a week after the second week. The Intensive program comes with FREE Private Lessons for the life of the dog.
During your dogs stay with us they will be assigned a Senior Behaviorist as their Primary Trainer who will tailor their training to your specific needs
2 WEEK BOARD AND TRAIN:
This varies somewhat from the 5 week Program. With the 2 week option, your dog stays for 2 full weeks, then at the end of the stay you will come in and have a two hour long working session with a trainer to learn techniques and variables about your dog. This is a good obedience foundation building service that we offer, however there are only no additional follow up visits with this option. If you need additional assistance with your dog, Private Lessons are available.
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to some basic questions or give us a call at 425-486-9567!
Up-To-Date Shot Records are Required for all dogs coming to our facility.